The aim of all my classes is to work with individuals to create a practice appropriate for them. The main ways I achieve this are:
• Acknowledging that everybody is different and will practice at different
speeds, levels of flexibility and fitness.
• Recognising that yoga is non-competitive.
• Creating a supportive and non-judgemental classroom atmosphere.
• Having clear aims and objectives for each class.
• Using a variety of teaching techniques including instruction, demonstration,
discussion, feedback and evaluation.
• Teaching the importance of suitable warm-up and counterposture.
• Emphasising the importance of the breath, movement, stillness and focus.
• Following the “viniyoga” approach to yoga as taught by T.K.V Desikachar
and his father, Krishnamacharya.
• Encouraging students to enjoy the class and experience an appropriate
balance of effort, fun, rest and relaxation.